OpenMRS values patient care as the basis of everything we do.
The mission of OpenMRS is to improve health care delivery in resource-constrained environments by coordinating a global community that creates a robust, scalable, user-driven, open source medical record system platform.
- Design decisions are driven by real, not perceived needs.
- Our software works in the most challenging health care delivery environments.
- We create a platform that is adaptable to the unique needs of our users around the world.
- We are open, honest, and transparent in both our processes and our software.
- Our software serves as a platform that empowers both users and implementers to innovate.
- We publicly document and share our knowledge, skills, experiences, and failures.
- We believe the best ideas come from people with different backgrounds and talents, and we build a community where these people can come together and innovate.
- We believe in harnessing the wisdom of our software development community by creating a safe place to raise concerns, discuss failures, improve existing ideas, and solve problems.
We envision a world where:
- Models exist to implement health IT in a way that decreases costs, increases capacity, and lessens the disparities between wealthy and resource-poor environments.
- Open standards enable people to use health IT systems to share information and reduce effort.
- Concepts and processes can be easily shared to enable health care professionals and patients to work together more effectively.
- Medical software helps ease the work of health care providers and administrators to provide them with the tools to improve health outcomes all over the world.