This is to let everyone know that the OpenMRS Platform 2.6.0 has been released!. This is a major release version of the OpenMRS API that follows 2.5.8.
Something exciting and worth mentioning is that the alpha and beta releases have successfully been tested against the UAT Platform Server, the qarefapp server and openMRS 3.0 with no issues/bugs recorded.
Below are some of the changes/features that are introduced by OpenMRS Platform 2.6.0:-
- Add CSRF Protection
- Fix module filter load order
- UserValidator should ensure that email is unique
- Support setting mail configuration in runtime or system properties
- Password reset email should be localized to the user
- Add Patient Program to Patient Identifier
- Add Ability to run Integration Tests on MySQL and PostgreSQL Using TestContainers
- Fix business logic errors in Condition API “saveCondition” method
- Improve performance of ConceptService.getConceptsByMapping
- Platform 2.6.0 Release Notes
- Download at sourceforge
- The Platform UAT Server onto which it has been deployed where live testing can be done.
- The qa-refapp which has been switched to point this release where live testing can be done.
Special thanks goes to @abertnamanya with whom i have worked to have this platform version released and to everyone that has contributed greatly to this particular version of platform @dkayiwa @burke @ibacher @mseaton @mogoodrich.
Thanks to the QA Team (@kdaud @sharif @irenyak1 @christine) for the automated tests which revolutionized and made the release process seamless.
Openmrs Platform 2.6.0 Release Manager
Herman Muhereza (@mherman22 )