As the end of the 2022 Fellowship Program was fast approaching, 2022 fellows were given an opportunity (through the OpenMRS Fellowship Symposium) to showcase their work, and share their journey, experiences, and lessons learned. The semi-formal symposium was hosted on 15 November 2022.
Six fellows presented at the symposium: Hadijah Kyampeire (Development Fellow), Joshua Nsereko (QA Engineering Fellow), Nikesh Balami (Community Management Fellow), Suruchi Dhungana (Product Management Fellow), Tendayi Mutangadura (Product Management Fellow), and Bett Kipchumba (Development Fellow). Daud Kakumirizi (Development Fellow) was absent due to unavoidable circumstances.
Nikesh Balami, the Community Management fellow started the symposium by welcoming everyone and sharing the brief agenda. Thereafter, all the fellows presented and shared their fellowship journey and experience one by one.
- Check out Hadijah’s presentation slides here and follow her journey on Talk.
- Check out Joshua’s presentation slides here and follow his journey on Talk.
- Check out Nikesh’s presentation slides here and follow his journey on Talk.
- Check out Suruchi’s presentation slides here and follow her journey on Talk.
- Check out Tendayi’s presentation slides here and follow his journey on Talk.
- Follow Bett’s journey on Talk.
Fellows mentors Grace Potma, Jennifer Antilla, and Daniel Kayiwa also briefly shared their experiences of mentoring the 2022 cohort.
If you want to learn more about the work of the fellows, the recording of the symposium is available here.
Moreover, the application for the 2023 fellowship program is already open. You can apply to become a fellow, mentor, or partner organization. Check out more details and apply!