Am pleased to announce that the long awaited openmrs platform 2.4.0 is released: https://talk.openmrs.org/t/openmrs-platform-2-4-0-released/31455
The highlights in this release include:
- Replaced the fhir module with fhir2 module and support for R4
- Upgraded spring to 5.2.9.
- Upgraded Hibernate to 5.4.21.
- Added support for Java 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 while not losing support for Java 8.
- Upgraded to Liquibase 3.10.2 and avoided running legacy liquibase changesets. This greatly improves the startup speed by approximately 50%
- Upgraded a number of other underlying libraries. e.g Log4j 2, JUnit 5, etc
- Added support for PostgreSQL versions 8.2 up to the latest 12
- Added support for all MySQL versions from 5.6 to the latest 8.0
The release notes can be found here: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Platform+Release+Notes+2.4.0 and the technical road map: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Technical+Roadmap that has guided us along the way.
Special thanks to Daniel Kayiwa, Ian Bacher, Wolf Schlegel, Mark Goodrich, Ruhanga Nathan, Kawesi Joseph for their tremendous work and effort in this release.
Also special thanks to Grace Potma for the direction and also Aman Mishra , Pahonsi Bebeto Achile for their contributions towards improving the platform during their GSOC 2020 participation.
You may download this release from SourceForge using this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/openmrs/files/releases/OpenMRS_Platform_2.4.0
Please join me in congratulating all the developers, testers, and other contributors, for their amazing efforts in making this release possible.