Google Sumer of Code 2018 has come to an end, and it’s been an exciting, busy and rewarding time, with some great outcomes from the students and mentors who worked tirelessly during the three month coding period.
A big thank you to all the students and mentors that participated in GSoC 2018! Your time, efforts and contributions have gone a long way towards strengthening OpenMRS and the impact it has on the ground, as well as growing the global community’s footprint and capacity for effecting positive change. We hope to see GSoC students take the opportunity to continue contributing their talents and engaging with the OpenMRS community, and consider joining us again for GSoC 2019 to mentor the next round of students.
OpenMRS has participated in GSoC since 2007, and this year saw an array of exciting projects being worked on by some impressive student talent spread across three continents. This included improvements to the OpenMRS platform, development of new OpenMRS modules and enhancements to existing modules, as well as contributions to mobile apps and OpenMRS distributions. Of the twelve students that were accepted to the program, ten successfully completed and passed the final evaluation. The full set of project results can be viewed on the GSoC site, and you can find out more about the program and projects on the OpenMRS wiki.
Students were asked to submit final project presentations on OpenMRS Talk, which includes links to the project wiki page, code repositories and other relevant resources, as well as project descriptions, demos and outcomes:
- FHIR Swagger Codegen Integration and Strategic Improvements – Eunice Amoh
- Location Based Access Control – Suthagar Kailayapathy
- Merge Patient data from Multiple Installations – Samuel Male
- Improved Built-In Reports module – Jeyasumangala Rasanayagam
- Attachments Module Enhancements – Ridmal Liyanagamage
- Patient Clinical Summary Enhancement – Dileka Madushan
- OAuth module enhancements and SMART apps support – Prabodh Kotasthane
- Bahmni – Notification on Patient Events – Isuranga Perera
- OpenMRS Android Client 3.x Project – Chathuranga Muthukuda
- Reset Password via Email Project – Harisu Fanyui
On behalf of the OpenMRS Community, thank you all!
OpenMRS GSoC Admin.