I’m pleased to announce that OpenMRS 1.9 alpha is now available! You can download it here.
Note that this version of OpenMRS is a pre-release and not considered worthy for production use. Please help us and the community by taking a few minutes to test the best features that you currently use and the new features you cannot wait to use. Then, should you happen to find any bugs, please report them in our ticket tracking system, JIRA.
If you are a module developer, please test out your module against this 1.9 alpha, so that if you need to make any changes, you can do so well before the final release.
- Grouping encounters into visits.
- Multiple providers per encounter.
- Additional attributes for concept mapping.
User Interface Changes:
- The Manage Global Properties link has been changed into Settings where the global properties are grouped according to category. The old style of listing all without grouping can be accessed from the Advanced Settings link.
- The Encounters tab on the patient dashboard is replaced with Visits unless you set the visits.enabled setting to false.
A big thank you to all that have contributed! Your hard work is a great success. This release features 55 developers. To check some of your contributions, and to download and try this out (not in a production environment) and test your modules, head over to the release notes page.
Please continue to contribute all you can to make OpenMRS better and the most reliable and robust open source medical records system in existence today! We thank you all for making this all possible.
Congratulations all! We look forward to your continued support, dedication, and contributions.
On Behalf of the OpenMRS community