On June 24-25, 2009, Hospital Albert Schweitzer, in Deschapelles Haiti, is planning to host a mini OpenMRS Implementers Conference. They are doing this specifically for Visitation Hospital in Petite Riviere de Nippes, to help them get setup to run OpenMRS. They wanted to invite anyone else (primarily those in Haiti) who are interested to participate, either by presenting a topic or by just attending so they can see how it’s done. Food and lodging expenses are $55 US. Our proposed agenda is as follows…
- Wednesday, June 24, 2009
- 9:00AM to 12:00PM — Overview of HAS Implementation — See new patients added, encounters created, data entry (InfoPath forms completed), etc.
- Lunch Break
- 1:00PM to 3:00PM — Overview of Server architecture — Java, MySQL, Tomcat, properties and language files, deploying OpenMRS war files (upgrades), building a module or war file from source (if desired), installing modules, backup, etc.
- Thursday, June 25, 2009
- 8:00AM to 10:00AM — Overview of Concept Dictionary and concept creation
- 10:00AM to 12:00PM — InfoPath Form Design, how to design a simple form
- Lunch Break
- 1:00PM to 4:00PM — Overview of Reporting, including Cohort Builder, Cohort Reports, Jasper Reports, etc.
Please contact James Arbaugh, jarbaugh-at-hashaiti.org for more information, or if you would like to attend.
Mini OpenMRS Conference in Haiti
5 thoughts on “Mini OpenMRS Conference in Haiti”
My name is Erin Snyder and I worked in Haiti for a few years. I am now in the Dominican Republic working with the International Family Aids Program, and there are a few staff members here that are very interested in attending this training. Can you give me a few more details? What nights of stay does the $55 cover? Is there any transportation provided from Port Au Prince, or are attendees responsible for their own transportation? I think there would be three or four of us, and we would be taking the bus over from Santo Domingo.
Thank you so much, I look forward to hearing from you!
The $55 covers Lunch, Dinner, Bed for the night (June 24), Breakfast, and Lunch the following day (June 25). HAS is about 3 hours from Port-au-Prince. We can plan additional meals and lodging as required, for an extra fee. Please contact me directly (jarbaugh-at-hashaiti.org) if you would like us to make arrangements for you to attend. You’re on your own for transportation. Maybe you could carpool with MSF, or come via public bus (Verettes Bus and get off early or Pointe Sonde bus and catch a taptap to Deschapelles). Both Verettes and Pointe Sonde buses leave from the North bus station, where the Gonaives, St Marc, Cap Haitian buses depart from.
Hospital Albert Schweitzer
We had a successful time at the Mini Haiti OpenMRS Implementers Conference. See the group photo at…
i applied for data entry jobs over the internet and it is also a good part time job.*’`
you are good in java buddy.