Finally, the long awaited final release of OpenMRS 1.9.0 is now, and can be downloaded from this page.
If you’d like to try it out first, take a look at our online demo.
Please see the release notes for a complete list of changes, but below are the highlights:
- Grouping encounters into visits.
- Multiple providers per encounter.
- Additional attributes for concept mapping.
User Interface Changes:
- The Manage Global Properties link has been changed into Settings where the global properties are grouped according to category. The old style of listing all without grouping can be accessed from the Advanced Settings link.
- The Encounters tab on the patient dashboard is replaced with Visits unless you set the visits.enabled setting to false.
You can still use the Release Testing Helper module to test this 1.9.0 release using your existing data. Read more about it from: Release Testing Helper Module, and download it from here. A video recording of how to use this module can be found here.
As always, if you find any bugs, report them in our ticket tracking system.
To the 71 developers, plus those who have tested the previous releases, and all who have, in various ways, contributed towards this release, please accept a sincerely deep and heartfelt thanks from the community. Please keep up the great work, as we save even more lives!!!
On Behalf of the OpenMRS community