Congratulations to the 18 students selected by OpenMRS to participate in Google Summer of Code™ this year! A total of 1,122 students were selected to participate with 180 different open source projects.
As the organization administrators for the program, we are thrilled to announce our 6th and largest year of participation yet in the annual event graciously sponsored by Google. We’ve thoroughly enjoyed participating in this great program in the last 5 years and are even more excited about the students, projects and mentors that are participating this year. Coding for OpenMRS is a great way for university students to practice coding skills and at the same time help benefit people in developing countries who are on the front lines of the battle against HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, and other public health challenges.
Please extend your congratulations and a welcome to the following students & new OpenMRS contributors:
- Apurv Mehra: Configurable Clinical Summary (mentors Nyoman Ribeka & Saptarshi Purkayastha)
- Deepa Ganu: Patient Summary Import and Export (mentors Jan Flowers & Jim Sibley)
- Dmitry Krivenko: Logging Errors to the Database (mentors Wyclif Luyima & Suranga Kasthurirathne)
- Gautam Nichlani: Personal Health Record Module Enhancement (mentors Hui Xiao & Rajib Sengupta)
- Goutham Vasireddi: Filtering Forms on Dashboard (mentors Daniel Kayiwa & Jeremy Keiper)
- Harsha Siriwardena: Better Error Submission Process for FDBK Module (mentors Gaurav Paliwal & Ben Wolfe)
- Ishara Premadasa: HTML Form Entry Module Enhancements (mentors Mark Goodrich & Dave Thomas)
- Jibesh Patra: Images & Files in HTML Form Entry (mentors Saptarshi Purkayastha & Mark Goodrich)
- Jordan Kellerstrass: Merge Concepts Module (mentors Glen McCallum & Janet Riley)
- Michael Aro: Re-implement BIRT Module (mentors Justin Miranda & Mike Seaton)
- Mykola Vorobey: In-page Localization (mentors Burke Mamlin & Rafal Korytkowski)
- Nadeeshani Hewage: Database Synchronization (mentors Mike Seaton & Justin Miranda)
- Nimantha Baranasuriya: Patient Dashboard Tabs Loaded via AJAX (mentors Jeremy Keiper & Wyclif Luyima)
- Pulasthi Mahawithana: De-duplication User Experience (mentors Suranga Kasthurirathne & Judy Wawira)
- Pushkar Ravipati: Anatomical Drawing (mentors Ben Wolfe & Roger Friedman)
- Sandeep Joshi: Human Resources Module (mentors Sai Manohar Nethi & Roger Friedman)
- Sri Maurya Kummamuru: Dynamic List Entry Tags and Widgets (mentors Steven Githens & Darius Jazayeri)
- SriHarsha Pamu: Metadata Sharing Server Project (mentors Rafal Korytkowski & Glen McCallum)
Finally, stay tuned to our Summer of Code 2012 wiki page for updates on the program’s progress at OpenMRS and information about all 18 projects.
Michael Downey & Robby O’Connor
OpenMRS Organization Administrators for Google Summer of Code